Amtrak Coast Starlight : Oct 11 - 13, 2002
Los Angeles to Sacramento, California (Round-Trip)
Click here and select one of my other trips.
Northbound Amtrak Coast Starlight
Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal (LAUPT)
Amtrak Santa Barbara Stations
Unusual sequence of locomotives - photos take in Santa Barbara
Left: Roger Keilbach, Car Attendant of the 1430 Sleeping Car
Left: Todd Hood, Asst. Conductor and Karen Munday, (Conductor Karen or Train Princess!)
Right: Angela Lancaster, Our Sleeping Car Attendant (1431 Car)
"Dr. Seuss The Cat in the Hat" movie set can be seen from the train in Simi Valley
Front and rear of our train climbing the grade.
Left: Cows that blocked our train until they moved off the tracks.
Right: Sign on door at end of Dining Car closest to the Sleeping Cars.
Northbound Amtrak Coast Starlight Consist:
- 455-- F59PHI
- 509-- Genesis (isolated)
- 454-- F59PHI (isolated)
- 1717- Baggage Car
- 39024 1410 Superliner 2 Transition Sleeping Car (Crew)
- 32082 1432 Superliner 2 Sleeping Car (Indiana)
- 32111 1431 Superliner 2 Sleeping Car (Texas)
- 32106 1430 Superliner 2 Sleeping Car (Pennsylvania)
- 39973 Pacific Parlour Car
- 38056 Superliner Dining Car
- 33028 Superliner Sightseer Lounge Car
- 34111 1411 Superliner 2 Coach Car
- 34512 1412 Superliner 2 Coach Car
- 34102 1413 Superliner 2 Coach Car
View From Our Sacramento Embassy Suites Hotel Room 205!
14th Annual Trainmaster Reception & Dinner
California State Railroad Museum and Foundation
5:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Porcupine Ragtime Ensemble
Hosted Wine Bar
Program: Past and Present of Railtown 1897 State Historic Park
Catherine Taylor, Museum Director
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Rail Town at the Beginning: The first years of Railtown 1897
Walter Gray (former CSRM Museum Director) was a frequent visitor to what is now Railtown 1897
State Historic Park during its earliest years of public operation. Walter will discuss his experience at
"Rail Town 1897" in 1972, when regular steam-powered excursion train service was getting started.
The Movie Railroad: Movies on the Sierra
As a long time Sierra Railroad historian, Kyle Williams Wyatt (Curator of Technology) will take a
brief look at the role of this Mother Lode shortline and its equipment used by the movie industry,
including our movie star locomotive, Sierra No. 3.
Porcupine Ragtime Ensemble
Jim Cullen, Associate Director, CSRM Foundation
Paul Hammond, Director of Marketing and Development
Operated by California State Park since 1982 and with the assistance (since 1996) of CSRM
Foundation, Railtown 1897 State Historic Park has seen a number of improvements and changes
during that time. The newest initiative is a recently launched fundraising campaign to restore the
Sierra No. 3 to operation.
Sierra No. 3 from "Back To The Future", "Peticoat Junction", and many other movies
Tonight's event was made possible in part by a generous donation from the
Sonora Winery and Port Works
California State Railroad Museum Foundation
111 "I" Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: 916-322-8485 Fax: 916-445-5982
24 Hour Recorded Info: 916-445-6645
Southbound Amtrak Coast Starlight
Left: Aaron Astrup, Dining Car Steward
Right: Cruz Madrid, Our Sleeping Car Attendant
Meg Collins, Onboard Chief
Southbound Amtrak Coast Starlight Consist:
- 141-- Genesis
- 117-- Genesis
- 1701- Baggage Car
- 39035 1110 Superliner 2 Transition Sleeping Car (Crew)
- 32093 1132 Superliner 2 Sleeping Car (Missouri)
- 32072 1131 Superliner 2 Sleeping Car (Arkansas)
- 32118 1130 Superliner 2 Sleeping Car (Wyoming)
- 39970 Pacific Parlour Car
- 38064 Superliner Dining Car
- 33030 Superliner Sightseer Lounge Car
- 34077 1111 Superliner 1 Coach Car
- 34510 1112 Superliner 2 Coach Car
- 34113 1113 Superliner 2 Coach Car
- RECENT STATEMENTS CREDITED TO AL QEADA LEADERS
- AND BROADCAST BY AL JAZEERA ON SUNDAY, THREATEN
- ATTACKS AGAINST US ECONOMIC INTERESTS.
- THE FOCUS ON ECONOMIC TARGETS IS CONSISTENT WITH
- AL QEADA'S STATED IDEOLOGICAL GOALS AND LONG-
- STANDING STRATEGY.
- THE FBI URGES US TO CONTINUE TO BE ALERT TO ALL
- INCIDENTS OF INDIVIDUALS ATTEMPTING TO GAIN AN
- UNDERSTANDING OF OUR RAILROAD OPERATIONS BY
- ASKING WHAT APPEAR TO BE INNOCENT QUESTIONS.
- EMPLOYEES SHOULD NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION TO
- INDIVIDUALS AND SHOULD REPORT ALL ATTEMPTS TO GAIN
- INFORMATION TO RMCC
To Read More Rail Travelogues
And View More Photos Of Rail Travel!
Are you interested in rail travel along some or all of this journey yourself?
There are very few travel agents that have the necessary knowledge and experience of rail travel to answer your questions
and to book a journey that you will remember for a lifetime. TrainWeb has sought out those travel agencies and rail
tourism companies that not only have the knowledge to book your travel, but have gained the required experience through
extensive rail travel themselves!
Click here or visit RAILagencies.com or RAILexcursions.com
for a list of these rail travel providers!