Amtrak Chicago Yard Photographs
Film Roll #4
Photographs from a tour of the Amtrak Chicago Yard and Car Shops.
Click on a thumbnail image below to display the full size photograph.
- 01-03: Wheel Truing Machine grinds wheels to be shiney and round
- 04-04: Wheels on a track in the car shop
- 05-05: Equipment in the car shop
- 06-06: Old waste removal truck in the car shop
- 07-07: Equipment in the car shop
- 08-08: Floor cleaning truck in the car shop
- 09-09: Fork lift carrying wheels. Yellow pole is jack to lift up one side of train car.
- 10-10: Assorted Amtrak passenger cars in the yard
- 11-11: Amtrak employee cars. Yard engine in background.
- 12-12: Employee tags in boxes indicating worker is on train not to be moved.
- 13-14: Fans used to suck the dust out of the car while air vents are cleaned.
- 15-15: Chicago skyline past Amtrak buildings and employee parking.
- 16-16: Superliner Dining Car in the yard.
- 17-17: Assorted passenger cars: Viewliner, Superliner, Heritage & Amfleet
- 18-18: Computer tracking of batteries & maintenance in the "WAD BOX".
- 19-19: Snow covered wheels in front of a Amtrak Superliner.
- 20-20: Chicago Skyline past a Superliner train in the yard.
- 21-21: Amtrak Viewliner in the yard.
- 22-22: This Superliner was damaged in the derailment of the Pioneer in January 1997.
Visit related pages from this and other web sites:
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|