Rail Travelogues & Photos,
Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada
that were featured in 2015.
Below you will find all of the railroad related stories, rail photos, rail travelogues and
rail events that have been featured with a photo link on the main page of TrainWeb.com in 2015.
Click on each of the below photo links to review the full reports. You will find there are a
tremendous number of travelogues of Amtrak travel, rail travel on VIA Rail Canada, as well as
rail travel on many other rail systems and tourist railways throughout the world.
Reports Posted in Prior Years
Click each link for reports posted in that year:
Reports Posted In 2015:
December 26, 2015 - The Forgotten Train Station Children's Book
Pablo and his family are excited to start riding the metro when the first line opens in Madrid, Spain in 1919. Chamberi, their neighborhood station, is the start of various family outings. They eventually move away from the city center and are unaware of the stationís closing in the mid-1960s. Many years later Pablo, with the help of his grandson, is delighted to rediscover the station now open as a museum...
Click here to order at Amazon.com.
Nov 7, 2015 Latest Outside the Rails book includes glimpse of Galesburg
The authors of Outside the Rails, a series of informational guides about the Midwest's passenger train routes, visited The Galesburg Public Library Saturday afternoon for a presentation and book signing. Each of their books follows a specific train route, providing pictures of local attractions and factual information; their most recent edition, which follows the route from Chicago to La Plata, Missouri, includes information about Galesburg...
Click Here for Upcoming Private Railcar Trips!
Special seasonal offer! Christmas gift certificates are available for the Santa Barbara Vino Train ... buy two tickets and receive a 15% discount (maximum of four tickets at this discounted price). Charge your tickets and we'll send you a certificate by email to forward to your friend or loved one...
Highlighted Stories From TrainWeb's Past:
Click on each photo below for the story and photos:
Click each link below for hundreds of rail stories
featured in previous years on the main page of TrainWeb:
Rail Travelogues & Photos:
Travelogues of specific Amtrak routes:
- Travelogues for Multiple Routes
- Acela Express - Trains #2100s: Washington,DC-Boston,MA
- Acela Regional - Service on the Northeast Corridor (renamed to Regional)
- Adirondack - Train #68 & #69: Montreal,PQ,Canada to New York,NY
- Ann Rutledge - Train #303-304: Chicago,IL to Kansas City,MO
- California Zephyr - Train #5 & #6: Chicago,IL-Emeryville,CA
- Capitol Limited - Train #29 & #30: Washington,DC to Chicago,IL
- Capitols - Trains #700s: San Jose,CA-Colfax,CA
- Cardinal - Train #50 & #51: Chicago,IL to Washington,DC
- Cascades - Trains #700s: Eugene,OR to Vancouver,BC,Canada
- City Of New Orleans - Train #58 & #59: New Orleans,LA to Chicago,IL
- Coast Starlight - Train #11 & #14: Seattle,WA-Los Angeles,CA
- Crescent - Train #19 & #20: New York,NY to New Orleans,LA
- Desert Wind - Train #35 & #36: Chicago,IL to Los Angeles,CA (discontinued 1997)
- Downeaster - Train #680-689: Boston,MA to Portland,ME
- Ethan Allen Express - Trains #200s: Rutland,VT to Washington,DC
- Empire Builder - Train #7 & #8: Chicago,IL-Seattle,WA
- Empire Builder - Train #27 & #28: Chicago,IL-Portland,OR
- International - Train #364-367: Chicago,IL to Toronto,ON,Canada (discontinued 2004)
- Illinois Zephyr - Train #346-348: Quincy,IL to Chicago,IL
- Kentucky Cardinal - Train #850-851: Chicago,IL to Louisville,KY (discontinued 2003)
- Lake Cities - Train #352-353: Chicago,IL to Pontiac,MI (renamed to Wolverine)
- Lake Shore Limited - Train #48 & #49: Chicago,IL-New York,NY
- Lake Shore Limited - Train #448 & #449: Chicago,IL-Boston,MA
- Maple Leaf - Train #63 & #64: New York,NY to Toronto,ON,Canada
- Metroliner - Train #100-201: Washington,DC to New York,NY
- Mt Adams Talgo - Train #752 & #753: Seattle,WA toPortland,OR (renamed to Cascades)
- Mt Baker Intl - Train #760 & #761: Seattle,WA to Vancouver,BC,Canada (renamed to Cascades)
- National Chief - Train #15 & #16: Washington,DC to Los Angeles,CA (never implemented)
- NortheastDirect - Service On The Northeast Corridor (renamed to Acela Regional)
- Pacific Surfliner - Trains #500s & #700s: San Diego,CA-San Luis Obispo,CA
- Pere Marquette - Train #370 & #371: Chicago,IL to Grand Rapids,MI
- Pioneer - Train #25 & #26: Chicago,IL to Seattle,WA (discontinued 1997)
- San Diegans - Trains #500s & #700s: San Diego,CA-San Luis Obispo,CA (Now Pacific Surfliner)
- San Joaquins - Trains #700s: Bakersfield,CA-Oakland,CA; Bakersfield,CA-Sacramento,CA
- Silver Meteor - Train #97 & #98: New York,NY to Miami,FL
- Silver Palm - Train #89 & #90: New York,NY to Miami,FL (replaced by Palmetto)
- Silver Star - Train #91 & #92: New York,NY to Miami,FL
- Southwest Chief - Train #3 & #4: Chicago,IL-Los Angeles,CA
- Sunset Limited - Train #1 & #2: Miami,FL-Los Angeles,CA
- Texas Eagle - Train #421 & #422: Chicago,IL to Los Angeles,CA
- Three Rivers - Train #40 & #41: Chicago,IL to New York,NY
- Twilight Shoreliner - Trains #66, 67, 76: Boston,MA to Newport News,VA (replaced by Federal)
- Vermonter - Train #55 & #56: Washington,DC to St.Albans,VT/Montreal,PQ,Canada
- Wolverine - Train #350-351: Chicago,IL to Pontiac,MI
Travelogues of commuter rail routes:
- Caltrain: Gilroy,CA-San Francisco,CA
- Champlain Flyer: Charlotte,VT-Burlington,VT
- Coaster: Oceanside,CA-San Diego,CA
- Metra: Greater Chicago Area,IL
- Metrolink: Greater Los Angeles Area,CA
Are you interested in rail travel along some or all of these journies yourself?
There are very few travel agents that have the necessary knowledge and experience of rail travel to answer your questions
and to book a journey that you will remember for a lifetime. TrainWeb has sought out those travel agencies and rail
tourism companies that not only have the knowledge to book your travel, but have gained the required experience through
extensive rail travel themselves!
Click here or visit for a list of these rail travel providers!
Click on the below images to visit our rail magazine promotion trading partners:
(Click here to add your print rail magazine.)
Visit related pages from this and other web sites:
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|