Amtrak Empire Builder Photographs
The Journey East - Film Roll #1
Photographs of my train travel on the Amtrak Empire Builder between
Portland, Oregon and Chicago, Illinois including photos of the
scenery, the accommodations, and the train itself.
Click on a thumbnail image below to display the full size photograph.
- 01-04: Metropolitan Lounge In Portland, Oregon for Sleeping Car Passengers
- 05-06: Desks in the Portland Metropolitan Lounge for computers. There is
electrical power and even modem connections that you can use with a calling
card! That is my notebook computer, jacket and coffee. You can see the phone
jack and electric power strip in the photo.
- 07-08: Portland Metropolitan Lounge for Sleeping Car Passengers.
- 09-10: Standard (Economy) Bedroom on Empire Builder. Wine was complimentary.
- 11-11: The room comes with 2 pillows and 2 coat hangers.
- 12-12: These are the steps to the upper bunk and shelves for stuff during
the day. Red & Orange is the color scheme for the Superliner I. The blue and
violet of the Superliner II is more to my liking.
- 13-15: Montana between West Glacier and Essex.
- 16-19: Izaak Walton Inn near the town of Essex, Montana.
- 20-20: Homes in Essex, Montana.
- 21-21: Isaak Walton Inn shuttle van at Essex Empire Builder Flagstop.
- 22-22: Lot of snow in the town of Essex, Montana!
Please select one of the following:
- 23-28: Snow covered trees and rivers in Montana.
Empire Builder Photo Page
Amtrak Route Index
Passenger Rail Travel Page
Click here to tell a friend about this page!