Amtrak Coast Starlight Photographs
Photographs of the scenery, the accommodations, and
the train itself along the Amtrak Coast Starlight route.
The first sets of photographs below are the most comprehensive set of
photographs that I have ever taken between Los Angeles and Sacramento.
All the photographs of scenery were taken out the window from inside
the train as well as photographs of the onboard accommodations. Photos
of the train itself and of some of the stations may have been taken from
outside the train. There are more photographs of the California Coast on
the southbound leg of the journey than on the northbound.
If you have an internet connection of 56K or faster, use the quarter page
photo index. If you have an internet connect of less than 56K, which is
what most of us still have from home as of 1998, I would suggest starting
with the "thumbnail index" rather than the "quarter page index." Once
the index page is displayed on your screen, you will be able to click on
any of the photos in the index to bring up a much larger image.
Select one of the following sets of photographs:
- Thumbnail Index:
- Quarter Page Index:
The following is a combination of photos from many trips on the Amtrak Coast Starlight.
Click on the segment of the route that you wish to view:
- Seattle, Washington
- Seattle, Washington to Tacoma, Washington
- Other Photos between Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon
- Portland, Oregon to Salem, Oregon
- Klamath Falls, Oregon
- Redding, California to Marysville, California
- Sacramento, California to Oakland, California
- Oakland, California to San Jose, California
- San Jose, California to San Luis Obispo, California
- San Luis Obispo, California to Los Angeles, California
- Coast Starlight in Glendale Station, CA
- Los Angeles River just outside Union Station
Visit related pages from this and other web sites:
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|