Wine Rail Trips
The Overland Trail private railcar is running another trip from Los Angeles to the
Downtown Santa Barbara Wine Trail.
Below are the details of this trip:
The Santa Barbara Daylight Wine Lover's Train is just the ticket for those wishing a day of escape.
Enjoy an easy going get-a-way with first class service and personal attention.
The special day will be filled with wonderful adventure, great food and lots of premium
wine tasting! Our wine tour will be fun, educational and will tantalize your taste buds.
Do you love wine? Do you love adventure? Do you love the mystique and romance long associated
with exotic train travel? Then ... please peruse these features......
- First Class seating aboard private club car, Overland Trail.
- All meals and beverages on board included in your fare.
- While enroute, you'll enjoy a delicious and freshly prepared buffet style breakfast with
Belgium waffle, southwest Fritata, sliced chicken sausages and more. Our waiter/porters, who
have your comfort and enjoyment in mind, will beckon to your call.
- Relax and leave the cares of the world behind. The moment you step aboard the Overland Trail
you become aware of the subdued elegance and refined Streamline Moderne appointments of an earlier,
more gracious era.
- Our special conveyance: The Overland Trail is a 1940s built, former Southern Pacific
club lounge that was built as a mid train 1st class lounge for the San Francisco Overland.
The car features a stunning Streamline Modern interior, a most gracious quarter-circle bar,
a comfortable ride, and expansive picture windows. You'll arrive in Santa Barbara in style aboard
this gem from the past!
- Our Routing: The Wine Lover's Train transverses the spectacular "coast line" of the former
Southern Pacific Railroad (now Union Pacific). This was the route of the famed Coast Daylight,
described by many as, "the most beautiful train in the world". The train was inaugurated on
March 21, 1937 and ran up until the advent of Amtrak in 1971. Our special car will be coupled to
the regularly scheduled Amtrak train #799, northbound and train #792 southbound. We'll enjoy many
scenic highlights through the large picture windows of the Overland Trail including the;
Santa Susana pass, many seaside miles along the mighty Pacific Ocean, and, of course, our
final destination, the "American Riviera" - aka, Santa Barbara.
- OverlandTrail.com CALL 800-KEY-RAIL (800-539-7245) TO BOOK TODAY!
Please mention TrainWeb when you call.
- Photos and More Information
- A Railfan Trip Report by Chris Guenzler
Visit related pages from this and other web sites:
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|