Travelogue of When Things Go Wrong
Subj: AWARENSS AMTRAK NIAGARA FALLS PACKAGE
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:05:59 EDT
Horribleness of Amtrak Special Vacation Package.
On June 19, I took first time Amtrak vacation package deal that came to a
total of $636.00. Originally it was $200 AND SOMETHING (should have stuck
it). Thinking that there would be a lot going on I decided to add on 1 more
day. Everything was taken care of hotel reservation, tour, pick up, etc….
But to my surprise everything was not, here are the following mishaps or
mistake your Amtrak Packages does not tell you in advance:
1. Reconfirmation of reservation CONFIRMED - UPON arriving to the supposedly
BEST WESTERN ON THE RIVER HOTEL (716-283-7612) turned out to be in a nowhere
place that had a 7-eleven on one block with a pizzeria on the other end of
the block. I have never been to a motor inn or one of those cheesy motels.
NOW I KNOW WHAT ONE LOOKS LIKE WHEN YOU GO TO THE BEST WESTERN ON THE RIVER
2. The TRAIN RIDE was horrible if you want to go rugged then this is for
you, bathroom stunk, all you saw was swamps and broken down homes, WHERE WAS
THE WINERY, THE RIVER VIEWS???? AND MUCH TOO LONG FOR A 3 YEAR OLD.
3. Absolutely no one was there to help with the bags.
4. Room stunk like mold and bathroom stunk like urine/cigarettes looking
over the parking area - when I had requested a room with view-non-smoking I
was brining my 3 year old. They changed our room to one with a view but it
still smelled horrible and we had no AC, we bought a perfume candle.
5. I have been to the Marriott & Sheraton Hotel and I received a CONTINENTAL
BREAKFAST THIS consisted of CROISOUNTS OR MUFFINS, ORANGE JUICE CHOICE OF
TEA OR COFFEE. THEIR VERSION IF A SMALL BOX OF CORN FLAKES OR FRUIT
LOOPS????? AND NO THEY DO NOT HAVE ROOM SERVICE.
6. When I called on 6/16 to reserve 3-HOUR TOUR RIDE - they said they did
not pick up at the hotel WHICH STATES IN THE VOUCHER IT DOES. We had to RENT
A CAR BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS AWAY FROM THE HOTEL (if you can call it that).
When we got there ON TIME for the tour the person wasted time in finding out
if we were supposed to be on the tour WHICH WE WERE NOT BECAUSE THEY HAD NOT
PUT US ON THE LIST WHICH HAD BEEN CONFIRMED SINCE 6/16/00 WITH PAM FROM THE
GRAYLINE TOUR COMPANY.
7. NO IT IS NOT a 3-HOUR TOUR WE WERE PICKED UP AT 2:30 DIDN'T GET HOME TO
8:30. The tour guide was great told us where to stay, to eat, to see, even
help when hour son got hungry because there was only ice cream or chips to
eat. And gave hints to stay ON THE CANADIAN SIDE. THERE IS NOTHING TO DO IN
8. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON BOOKING A 2ND TOUR NOT WORTH THE MONEY - JUST
AS LONG AND YOU GO TO THE SAME PLACES AND SAME STORIES TOLD AND JUST AS LONG.
9. On 6/21 coming back from CANADA are key didn't work - TURNS OUT THEY HAD
US LIKE WE WERE LEAVING THAT DAY INSTEAD OF 6/22?????? HAD TO GO BACK DOWN
STAIRS TO FIND OUT WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED.
10. When living this HORRENDOUS PLACE THEY WERE CHARGING ME AN EXTRA $59 PER
DAY. The Receptionist said I never showed her the voucher??????? I had
showed my reservation info from AMTRAK NIAGARA PACKAGE in the BEGINNING HOW
ELSE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN IN THE ROOM???
11. I TRIED TO CONTACT AMTRAK BUT WAITING ON THE PHONE FOR 25 MINUTES IS NOT
12. INSTEAD OF GOING BACK HOME BY TRAIN WE DECIDED IT WAS NOT WORTH, TOOK THE
RENTED WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE AN EXTRA $68(HERZTH) CHEAPER THAN AMTRAK AND
LESS WITHOUT THE FUNKY SMELL MUCH MUCH FASTER.
13. EVERY PERSON THAT MET ASKED ME HOW I GOT HERE AND WHERE I WAS STAYING I
TOLD THEM THE EXACT WAY AND EXACT PLACE AND REST ASSURE THEY WILL NEVER SET
FOOT ON AMTRAK OR BEST WESTERN ON THE RIVER. DO TO YOUR FALLS CATALOGUE
ADVERTISEMENT AND NO HELP AT ALL IN REACHING FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ON
14. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN WILL EVER TAKE AMTRAK OR STAY IN NIAGARA
FALLS, AND I AM RECOMMENDING TO EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN ABOUT YOUR SERVICES.
AND I AM ALSO POSTING THIS IN NIAGARA FALLS VISITORS COMMENTS.
ABSOLUTELY NO ONE WANTED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR FALSE ADVERTISEMENT
Visit related pages from this and other web sites:
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|