Amtrak Desert Wind Photographs
Final Journey - Film Roll #3
Photographs of the final Amtrak Desert Wind.
Click on a thumbnail image below to display the full size photograph.
- 01-01: Metrolink train in San Bernardino Station.
- 02-02: David Juhl, Sleeping Car Attendant.
- 03-03: Going by the I-15 between San Bernardino and Fullerton.
- 04-04: Zipping by a Metrolink Stop between San Bernardino and Fullerton.
- 05-05: Amtrak on-board staff.
- 06-06: Fullerton, last Amtrak station before final stop in Los Angeles.
- 07-07: Conductor and last person to have their ticket punched on Desert Wind.
- 08-08: Sightseer Lounge Car.
- 09-09: Passing Hobart Tower for last time.
- 10-11: Front of Desert Wind can be seen as we make this curve.
- 12-12: Sightseer Lounge Car with several railfans at other end.
- 13-13: Passing Mission Tower for the last time.
- 14-14: Mission Tower again.
- 15-16: Sign says "THE END". Photo taken moments after final Los Angeles arrival.
- 17-19: Desert Wind at platform in Los Angeles after final arrival.
- 20-23: Desert Wind doing final unload in Los Angeles.
I tried as best as I could to match up photos of the on-board
staff with their names. If I've made any mistakes or you can fill
in the names that I am missing, then please send me e-mail at:
Please select one of the following:
Desert Wind Photo Page
Amtrak Route Index
Passenger Rail Travel Page
- copyright © 1997
Liberty Information Network
Last Updated: 06/09/97
- WebMaster: Steve Grande