Amtrak Desert Wind Photographs
The Journey West - Film Roll #1
Photographs of my train travel on the Amtrak Desert Wind between
Chicago, Illinois and Los Angeles, California including photos of the
scenery, the accommodations, and the train itself.
Click on a thumbnail image below to display the full size photograph.
- 01-02: Chicago after 10 PM at night. View from Best Western Inn At Chicago.
- 03-06: Union Station in Chicago, Illinois.
- 07-08: Stone Avenue Metra Station Area about 10 miles from Chicago.
We encountered electrical problems here.
- 09-09: Water tower near Congress Park Yard.
- 10-10: Caboose in Congress Park Yard. We pulled into this yard and
remained here for over two hours waiting for repair personnel from Chicago.
- 11-11: Holdrege, Nebraska: Zephyr Cafe.
- 12-12: Holdrege, Nebraska: "Holdrege" on the ground.
- 13-13: Holdrege, Nebraska: "Holdrege" water tower.
- 14-14: Holdrege, Nebrasda: Station Building - didn't look in use.
Please select one of the following:
Desert Wind Photo Page
Amtrak Route Index
Passenger Rail Travel Page
- copyright © 1997
Liberty Information Network
Last Updated: 02/19/97
- WebMaster: Steve Grande