Amtrak Coast Starlight Photographs
Photographs of the scenery, the accommodations, and
the train itself along the Amtrak Coast Starlight route.
- 01-16: California Coast between Santa Barbara & San Luis Obispo.
- 17: California Coast between Oxnard & Santa Barbara.
- 18-20: The train winds around two sweeping horeshoe curves which the railroad built
to gain altitude climbing the Cuesta Pass just north of San Luis Obispo.
- 21-22: View of Los Osos Valley and U.S. Highway 101 from the Cuesta Pass
just north of San Luis Obispo.
- 23-29: More photos along the California Coast from the Coast Starlight.
- 30-34: The Dining Car on the Coast Starlight. Also showing my
daughters, Jodina and Sherica, and an Amtrak Dining Car staff member.
Southbound: Seattle, Washington to Los Angeles, California
Seattle, Washington to Tacoma, Washington
Portland, Oregon to Salem, Oregon
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Redding, California to Marysville, California
The below photos are a bit rare for the current Coast Starlight schedule.
Our train was delayed between Klamath Falls, Oregon and Redding, California
for four hours. Thus, these photos were taken of scenery that the Coast
Starlight usually goes by in the middle of the night. Instead, it was
after 6:00 A.M. when we left Redding, California.
Sacramento, California to Oakland, California
Oakland, California to San Jose, California
San Jose, California to San Luis Obispo, California
for photos taken along the rails between Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington.
Visit related pages from this and other web sites:
|Click below for pages in the directory of TrainWeb sites:|