TrainWeb Hosted Web Sites
Featuring Railroads of
Australia and New Zealand
Click on the below image to visit our
rail magazine promotion trading partner:
Sorted by URL and not by title.
- ★ = Active website noted for volume & quality of information & photos.
- ☆ = Inactive website noted for archival information & photos.
- ☡ = Caution - functioning website but exhibiting some technical problems.
- Δ = New website under construction. Might be empty of content.
- CLICK HERE to return to the Directory.
- Mike and Adam's Aussie Train Pictures
Australian Train Photos
- ☆ Barron Tableland Railway
- Dunedin Model Train Show
- ★ GRASS - Garden Railway Addicts of Sutherland Shire
- ☆ Lazy Acre Lumber Co. Railroad
- Grant Alexander's Squirrel Valley Railway in New Zealand (TrainWeb.org/lazyacre/ssliks.html)
Slim & Stumpy Visit the Squirrel Valley Railway
- Phil Creer's Toenail Ridge Shortline in Australia (TrainWeb.org/lazyacre/ssphil.html)
Slim & Stumpy Visit the Toenail Ridge Shortline
- Warren Stirling's Hungry Creek & Long Pass in New Zealand (TrainWeb.org/lazyacre/sswarren.html)
Slim & Stumpy Visit the Hungry Creek & Long Pass
- ★ New Zealand Logging Locomotives
- ★ MickFix Network
- ☆ AR-NMRA Module Special Interest Group
- ☆ MyStation
www.trainweb.US/mystation - MyStation
Peterborough StationMaster - Robin Stirling. My Railway Gallery, Steamtown, Dirtcircuit, Peterborough Railway History, Indian Pacific photos, The Ghan photos, Freight Railroad Photos, Road Trailers Photos, Steel Products Freight Photos, Personal Interests...
- ☆ Rail Travel Trip Reports by Jim Nowell
- ☆ MSTS Add-Ons for NSWGR
- ☆ New Zealand Geared Locomotives
- ☆ Rocky Creek Railway
www.trainweb.US/nzgr - Rocky Creek Railway
A 1:24 G scale garden railway featuring models of New Zealand Railways. There are only about 6 garden railways in Christchurch. The track and trains can all be purchased ready-to-run. But because I want some New Zealand looking trains, I will be building my own...
- New Zealand Rail Maps (TrainWeb.org/nzrailmaps)
This site maps the national public railway network of New Zealand. These are the lines which
were operated by the NZ Government Railways and its successors the Railways Department, Railways
Corporation, NZ Rail Ltd, Tranz Rail, Toll Rail and currently Ontrack. Coverage incorporates all
present and former routes including closed lines and those which have become heritage railways.
- ★ New Zealand Railways Steam Locomotives
- ★ SAR & CR Railways
www.trainweb.org/sarail - SAR & CR Railways.
A website dedicated to modeling the South Australian Railways (SAR) and the Commonwealth Railways of Australia (CR). These two railway systems serviced some of the remotest areas of Australia and employed a diverse range of...
- ☆ The Southerner
- ★ The Toenail Ridge Shortline
- ☆☆☆ Contemporary TranzRail Photography
www.trainweb.US/tranzrail - Contemporary TranzRail Photography
A very extensive collection of photographs of New Zealand locomotives sorted by class including EF, DX, DFT, DC, DBR, DH, DSG/DSJ, DSC, DSA, TR, EM/ET, ADL/ADC, and Preservation/Heritage...
- ★ Turrella Tramway
- Down Under Trains by Jim Nowell (TrainWeb.org/vrt/JimNowell)
Twelve PRS members enjoyed riding six diesel/two steam trains and one dinner tram in Australia
on Mountain Outin's (led by Rolland Graham) August/September trip to the land where the moon looks
upside down. This article relates my experiences on the two most unique railways which were the
new line from Darwin to Alice Springs, the GHAN, and the SAVANNAHLANDER from Mt. Surprise to
Cairns as well as the best dinner train Julie & I have had the pleasure of riding -
COLONIAL TRAMCAR RESTAURANT in Melbourne.
- Travelogues & Photos from Rail Travel by Steve Grande in Australia & New Zealand:
- 2009-Feb-04: Free City Circle Tram, Melbourne, Australia
- 2009-Feb-04: The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, Melbourne, Australia
- 2009-Feb-10: Taieri Gorge Limited, Dunedin, New Zealand
- 2009-Feb-11: Christchurch Tram, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 2009-Feb-12: Cable Car & Cable Car Museum, Wellington, New Zealand
- 2009-Feb-01 to 2009-Feb 16: Australia - New Zealand Cruise (Not Railroad)
- 2011-Feb-22: Slideshow and Commentary on Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand
- Additional Resources: