Pacific Parlor Car
Only On The Amtrak Coast Starlight!
The following is Amtrak's own promotional material regarding the
Amtrak Coast Starlight Pacific Parlor Car:
Amtrak West - Superior Service
The Coast Starlight
It is our pleasure to have you aboard. Every member of our staff is here
to ensure that your trip is an enjoyable one. The Coast Starlight is
proud to announce its new EXCLUSIVE...
"PACIFIC PARLOR CAR"
Located directly in front of the sleeping cars and to the rear of the
dining car, the Parlor Car offers our sleeping car guests a place to sit
and relax. You can enjoy a glass of wine or other beverage, play a game,
read a book, magazine or newspaper and watch beautiful scenery going by.
Join us for a continental breakfast, snacks, Hospitality Hour and movies
too!! We feature special games, movies and books for kids.
Services in the Parlor Car include...
- Pastries, coffee and juice until 11:30 A.M.
- Wide variety of games available for use in the Parlor Car.
See your Parlor attendant.
- Hospitality Hour each afternoon with complimentary fruit and cheese
buffet. Sparkling wine is served one day and a regional wine tasting the
other. Ask your Parlor attendant for exact times.
- "FRESH" news. All along our route we pick up local newspapers.
- Library with an assortment of books and magazines for your reading
- First class beverage selections include wines by the glass or bottle,
single malt scotch, and beers from various micro breweries. Most of our
menu items are from regions on the Coast Starlight route.
- After dark, come in and relax in the candle lit ambience of
The Pacific Parlor Car before you retire for the night.
Again, Welcome Aboard.
Product Line Manager